Monday, March 17, 2014

Milk Crates

Milk Crates are one of the most universal items to have next to your Toolbox. The uses are only limited by your imagination. 


I grew up with my father always having a milk crate in the bed of the truck.  I never really gave it much thought until as an adult I went by to help change a fuel filter on his diesel truck.  We raised the hood and he grabbed the milk crate out of the back of the truck.   I could reach the filter easily without the crate but my father is vertically challenged.  When I asked him about the crate he told me years ago he used a 5 gallon bucket, but the bucket would turn over easily.  I noticed the crate was steady and supported his weight with no problem.  I purchased a 3/4 ton 4-wheel drive truck and found myself having to use a crate to stand on to reach different items.  I realized then as I look around in his shop and yard he had several of them.  He had two of the with boards attached and using them has stools. In the shop he had them turned on the side and stacked using as shelves. He had one being used as a tool box.   He had one at the base of his camper stairs to make the it easier to step onto the first step. I now have several of them in my shop to sit on when working on vehicles.

There several different sizes and colors.  There are several websites selling the crates, some are as low as $5.00. I have found some that will place your name on the side.   They are a must have addition to any Toolbox.    

No comments:

Post a Comment